Wednesday, June 10, 2009

MY EXPERIENCE WITH JOHNSON

My expereince with johnson has been very interesting and eye opening. Johnson's book Everything Bad Is Good for You talks about television and how it is somewhat challenging. Johnson's arguement was centered around something call the sleeper curve. The sleeper curve states that televesion is more than just a media that people sit down and watch it has grown to be more complex and demanding. I happen to agree with Johnson's agrument about television because following the show The Hills made me interact more then usual. When watching The Hills I gave feedback, prediction, and also compared my similar problem to the charcters. Johnson also brings up something called multiple threading. Multiple threading is when a television epsiode contains more than one story plot. Johnson believes that multiple threading is improving are cognitive skills and this is making televison more educating to the viewers.

No comments:

Post a Comment