Monday, June 8, 2009

My Inner Thoughts

A Thought on Steven Johnson
I must admit that I’m a little disappointed because I feel like Steven Johnsons book Everything Good is Bad for You is well written, but it still lacks some key points. First when I was writing my essay I noticed he said nothing about anime, this made it kind of difficult to go with or against his Sleeper Curve in my paper . I feel like he should address this in future writings, it could be a whole new playing field.

Then I have to say that, from my personal experience, people also learn from their feelings as they watch a show. Have you ever watched something and it made you feel bad? You learn from the feelings you have and if they are bad, you avoid them and vice versa. I liked that he mentioned his own past experience with his baseball game. He talked about how he got so into it and so he as Johnson calls it, “probed” more into the game which caused this new form of learning. I agree to this thought and I know that if anyone is into something enough, they will learn from it because they will be constantly trying to find out more about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment